Learn to sail & Training
The club is a fully recognised RYA training establishment conducting a range of shorebased and practical courses for dinghies, powerboats and cruisers.
Dinghy tuition including courses for all ages from beginners to advanced and race training.
The club has a modern fleet of dinghies including Teras, Picos and Fevas.
Powerboat courses using the club RIBs lead to National powerboat certificate levels 1 and 2
and safety-boat certificate.
Shore-based courses include: First Aid, VHF/SRC and Diesel engine maintenance.
- Chairman: James Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) 485717
- Principal & Secretary: David Hill (email@example.com) 817508
- Dinghy: Chris Hill 221000
- Powerboat & VHF : Contact the Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Aid: Contact the Secretary at email@example.com
- Diesel engine & VHF Dermot Shimmin 833589
- VHF/SRC radio: Mark Pendlebury 832687
Senior dinghy instructors:
Russell Collister, Stu Brew, Jen Kneale, James Walker, John Dowling, George Platt and Tim Cope.
Len Arnold, Patrick Cope, Ffinlo Wright, William Wright, Mike Newby, Breeshey Harkin and Emily Batchelor.
Peter Ashurst, Stu Brew, David Kneale, Mark Pendlebury, James Walker and Robert Floate.
JUNIOR DINGHY TRAINING – 2021
- Provisionally 9th – 13th August 2021
- Adult Training Course: May 15th & 16th & June 12th & 13th click here for more information
Courses are run throughout the year according to demand. To register your interest, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Course dates and times will be posted on the club notice board and on www.iomyc.com
Detailed information may also be obtained from the appropriate Chief instructor.
Qualified volunteers provide safety-boat cover for all club dinghy racing and training. New drivers and crew are always needed. For dinghy racing, drivers need to be qualified to RYA
Safety-boat standard and their crews need just Level 2 or be a competent sailor. For dinghy training, all crew need RYA qualifications. Why not take a course? Or if you are already qualified, please email – email@example.com