Learn to sail & Training
The club is a fully recognised RYA training establishment conducting a range of shorebased and practical courses for dinghies, powerboats and cruisers.
Dinghy tuition including courses for all ages from beginners to advanced and race training.
The club provides a fleet of dinghies including Teras, Picos and Fevas.
Powerboat courses using the club RIBs lead to National powerboat certificate levels 1 and 2
and safety-boat certificate.
Shore-based courses include: First Aid, VHF/SRC and Diesel engine maintenance.
- Chairman: James Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) 834871
- Principal: Mark Pendlebury (email@example.com) 832687
- Secretary: Sue Shute (firstname.lastname@example.org) 817508
- Dinghy: Chris Hill 221000
- Powerboat & VHF : Phil Adams 416068
- First Aid: Stephen Upsdell 418008
- Diesel engine & VHF Dermot Shimmin 833589
- VHF/SRC radio: Mark Pendlebury 832687
Senior dinghy instructors:
Russell Collister, Stu Brew, Jen Kneale, James Walker, John Dowling, George Platt and Tim Cope.
Len Arnold, Patrick Cope, Ffinlo Wright, William Wright, Mike Newby, Breeshey Harkin and Emily Batchelor.
Peter Ashurst, Stu Brew, David Kneale, Mark Pendlebury, James Walker and Robert Floate.
- Parents’ briefing evening Thursday 6 April
- Training starts Tuesday 24 April
- Training ends Thursday 20 July
- Presentations 18 and 20 July after training
Please note: there is no training TT fortnight.
Courses are run throughout the year according to demand. To register your interest, please email – email@example.com
Course dates and times will be posted on the club notice board and on www.iomyc.com
Detailed information may also be obtained from the appropriate Chief instructor.
Qualified volunteers provide safety-boat cover for all club dinghy racing and training. New drivers and crew are always needed. For dinghy racing, drivers need to be qualified to RYA
Safety-boat standard and their crews need just Level 2 or be a competent sailor. For dinghy training, all crew need RYA qualifications. Why not take a course? Or if you are already qualified, please email – firstname.lastname@example.org